Eleven Money-Saving Auto Insurance Tips For Senior DriversBy Matt McWilliams
Like all drivers, senior citizens (or as I like to call them “seasoned citizens”) want to get the best rates on their auto insurance policies. What they may not be aware of is that older drivers may present a higher risk than other drivers, usually leading to higher auto insurance rates.
Following a few simple tips and taking these measures will ensure that you are getting the lowest rates possible on your auto insurance policy.
1. Avoid more Accidents, Pay Close Attention at Intersections. Auto accidents involving seniors often occur at intersections. Make sure to look ahead if you plan to quickly change lanes after an intersection. Pay attention to protected left turn lanes with their own arrows, and always keep your tires pointed straight ahead when stopped, so that a rear-end accident doesn't push you into oncoming traffic.
2. Follow the flow of traffic, Drive at the at or near the speed limit. Driving too slowly can be just as dangerous as speeding, especially when entering or exiting interstates or freeways. It can also trigger dangerous "road rage" in less patient drivers. You don’t have to be Mario Andretti, but keeping to the right and following the flow of traffic is the safest bet.
3. Many violations include failure to yield right-of-way, improper turning or incorrect lane changes, so keep current on the traffic laws relating to new traffic designs.
4. Sit high enough in your seat so that you can see at least 10 feet in front of your car, advises the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If your car seat does not adjust to allow this, add a cushion. This will make it easier to see pedestrians and bike riders, and reduce problems from oncoming headlight glare at night.
5. Do not wear sunglasses or tinted glasses when driving at night. For many older drivers, night vision is reduced, so safety dictates not driving at twilight or after dark.
6. Make sure you learn how to operate a New Car. Things like Anti-lock brakes, for example operate differently in slippery situations. If you have never driven a car with anti-lock brakes, sure to get training on proper use.
7. Senior drivers can refresh their skills and knowledge -- and get a discount on auto insurance in many states -- by taking a refresher driving course, such as the eight-hour "55 Alive" course offered by AARP. More than two-thirds of states mandate auto insurance policy discounts for such courses, and many insurance companies offer the discounts voluntarily.
8. Look for cars with rear-view mirrors that automatically dim and filter out headlight glare.
9. Air bag technology has become more advanced, with sensors that deploy air bags based on the weight of the occupant, reducing air-bag-related injuries. Some new cars also have side air bags in the seats or door frame that offer better protection.
10. Consider fit and comfort in your new car. Seat belts that comfortably fit over your shoulder and low on your lap will keep you safer. Automatic transmission, power steering and power brakes require less physical effort.
11. Last but definitely not least, Check to see which companies offer specific ‘Senior Discounts’ While shopping around for the best auto insurance rates is important, which insurance company you choose might depend on how they treat senior drivers. You'll get their best rates if you're healthy and drive a safe, modern vehicle.
Car Insurance Ontario CA: Target Up Insurance is Expanding
ONTARIO, Calif., Sept. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Car Insurance Ontario CA - Car insurance is a necessity in California. While many may argue they do not need insurance because they are safe drivers, car insurance is not to protect them. Car insurance protects the consumer from other drivers. Those who live in Ontario, Calif., will be pleased to know that a 30 plus year veteran of the ...
Full Coverage Car Insurance by State Agencies Now Quoted for American Motorists Online
Full coverage car insurance is now included from state agencies in the database at the Quotes Pros website. Instant quotes are available at http://quotespros.com/auto-insurance.html . (PRWeb August 23, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/full-coverage-car/insurance-quotes-rates-us/prweb12117060.htm
Collector Car Insurance Now Quoted at Insurance Website Online
Collector car insurance is now being quoted for motorists using the Bright Sky Insurance portal online at http://brightskyinsurance.com/auto-insurance.html . (PRWeb August 25, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/collector-car-insurance/auto-insurance-vintage/prweb12120296.htm
General Auto Insurance Locator at Insurer Website Now Promotes High Risk Policy Pricing Online
The general auto insurance locator tool built for use at the Quotes Pros website now features prices of providers specializing in high risk policies at http://quotespros.com/auto-insurance.html . (PRWeb September 05, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/general-auto-insurance/car-insurance-quote/prweb12148963.htm
Top tips for buying a used car
PEOPLE in Bristol who are on the lookout for a new set of wheels can this month (August, 2014) get some free advice from two car dealerships in the city.
BPI Family Auto Loan Brings Back the Auto Madness Fever in September
GO CRAZY over the biggest car sale of the year from BPI Family Auto Loan as it brings back a bigger, better, and madder than ever, BPI Auto Madness this whole month of September! Enjoy ridiculously low loan rates, free 1-year comprehensive insurance, and a wide selection of participating car models, only from the Philippine?s first bank. From September 1 to 30, 2014, catch the Bank?s Auto ...
Direct Auto Insurance Rates Now Supplied to Motorists Nationally at Insurer Portal Online
Direct auto insurance rates are now part of information that is viewable while using the finder tool at the Auto Pros website at http://autoprosusa.com/auto-insurance . (PRWeb August 27, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/direct-auto-insurance/car-insurance-prices/prweb12127223.htm
Western Funding Announces Instant Approvals on DealerCenter
Western Funding Incorporated is now active on DealerCenter. This integration makes Western Funding financial products more accessible to dealerships by offering instant approvals a
TitleMax Opens 12th New Mexico Location
Residents in Albuquerque, NM can now visit another car title loan store. More information about TitleMax can be found at http://www.titlemax.com . (PRWeb September 08, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/TitleMax/NewMexicoCarTitleLoan/prweb12153446.htm
Vehicle Repair Insurance Prices Now Displayed Nationally Using New Quote Finder Online
Vehicle repair insurance prices are now being displayed using the national system at the Quotes Pros website. Policies are now priced at http://quotespros.com/warranty . (PRWeb August 21, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/vehicle-repair-insurance/car-insurance-quotes/prweb12113853.htm